Tuesday, January 17, 2006

palm oil orphans


palm oil orphans, originally uploaded by Nick Lyon.

OK, 3 things.

1) I like this image - OK, I admit it; I'm a huge orang-utan fan, so it’s resurrected. And in my book cute can be good.

2) I watched a program on the Palm Olive industry in Borneo on BBC the other day. It is heartbreaking - the world is being irreconcilably changed for good and the Palm Oil industry has a lot to answer for. A lot of the time they don't even plant the pal olive trees, they just cut down the forests to sell the wood as lumber.

3) I didn't find this photo through my usual channels (deleteme10 tag searches mostly), instead I found it via a Flickr Favourite Browser App. It really is a wonderful way of finding new photos based on the ones you've marked as favourites.

No comments: